The bridge of Saint-Mathieu is a covered bridge lattice structure with lattice type Developed Town. Located in the municipality of Saint-Mathieu-du-Parc, it crosses the Shawinigan River. Built in 1936, the covered bridge of Saint-Mathieu was once the economic center of the municipality of Saint-Mathieu-du-Parc. They included such a cheese, a saw mill and blacksmith shop. Its construction has linked the banks of Shawinigan River. Major repairs were started in 1992, the roof deck and abutments were rebuilt were replaced. The bridge was historic monument by the city on August 6 2001 In June 2007, the municipality of Saint-Mathieu-du-Parc inaugurated a historic site near the bridge. At a cost of $ 65,000 and with financial support from the municipality of Maskinongé. The bridge was renovated in 2009 when it replaced the paneling and repainted the bridge.