The Church of St. Christophe d’Arthabaska is the Catholic parish church of Artabaskaville. Its traditional architecture is of Romanesque inspiration. The Quebec government has classified the church in 2001 the monument to the presence of paint Joseph Thomas Rousseau and Marcus De Foy Suzor-Coté, its architectural structure and stained glass windows.
The site of the heritage of the Church Saint-Christophe-d’Arthabaska is a religious whole Catholic tradition including a church, erected from 1873 to 1875 a parsonage built in 1887 and a cemetery. The stone church consists of a rectangular nave prolonged by a narrower choir ended with a semicircular apse. A rectangular sacristy is grafted to the apse in the extension of the choir. The presbytery brick, square plan with two floors and a half is capped with a pavilion roof. It is located on the north side of the church. The cemetery extends to the rear and south side of the Shrine, in an open and uneven terrain dotted with monuments. The site is built on the slopes of Mount Christo.
The pictorial decoration is undertaken in 1887-1888 years by painters and then dress the church of 76 paintings evoking the Old and New Testament. Other paintings are even representations of Michelangelo and Raphael joined this ornaments trompe-l’oeil and grisaille-acanthus leaves, scrolls, heart stripes, arabesques, cartridges, rosettes. A sculptural ornamentation is present thanks to the famous sculptor Augustin Leblanc, he decorated the pulpit, side altars, the choir with his chiseled ramp, its arches and altar provide a flamboyant décor to church. The stained glass windows by the Hobbs home and Co. of Montreal integrate well with the church’s architecture. The aesthetic inspiration was influenced by the great painters Murillo and Hoffman. Other works of art are present in the church is three statues. The imported in 1875 in Munich, Bavaria, Germany represents St. Joseph, the second also from Germany include Lady. The third statue is St. Christopher was produced in a block of wood by Gratton and Laperle pupils of the illustrious sculptor Louis-Philippe Hébert and blessed on October 10, 1888. She has since been restored it is now found on the buffoon altar.